What is cementing? Exactly speaking,What is cementing in drilling?
Cementing is the process of mixing a slurry of cement, cement additives and water and pumping it down through casing to critical points in the annulus around the casing or in the open hole below the casing string.
In order to achieve reinforcement of the borehole wall, it is guaranteed to continue safe drilling, seal off oil, gas and water layers, ensure stratification testing during exploration and reasonable oil and gas production throughout the mining process, etc. The operation of filling the cement in the annular space of the steel pipe is called cementing engineering.
What is the purpose of cementing?
1. Separate complex strata that are easy to collapse and leak, and consolidate the wellbore that has been drilled to ensure smooth drilling;
2. Provide the basis for installing the wellhead device, control the wellhead spray and ensure that the mud outlet in the well is higher than the mud pool to facilitate the flow of drilling fluid back to the mud pool;
3. Separate oil, gas and water layers to prevent oil and water layers from varying pressures from interfering with each other, providing favorable conditions for the normal exploitation of oil and gas;
4. Protect the fresh water resources in the upper sand layer from the pollution of oil, gas, salt water and other liquids in the lower rock formation;
5. After the oil well is put into production, the conditions for increasing the production of acid fracturing have created the pre-requisite conditions;
What cementing tools will be needed?
We have an article to introduce it with details. Welcome view it as below: https://www.westernoilfieldservices.com/blog/cementing-tool.html.