Stop Collar is a device that keep centralizers and other casing attachments in place on the casing. Stop collars are available in hinged and slip-on styles and can fit 2 3/8″ – to 30″ pipe. Our collars are tested in accordance with API 10D II recommendations. We can supply a range of stop collar options to suit any centralizer application in cementing product market.
1—Features of hinged stop collars include:
- The hinged stop collars, when properly installed can hold up to 7,000 lb. of force.
- The hinged stop collar can be easily installed to casing.
- Friction stop collar are used adequately when the condition of the well is normal.
- Hinged set-screw stop collar are used for increasing holding force. It is first places and centered on the pipe. Then through the open hinge, a nail is installed, followed by tightening the set screw uniformly.
- These are specifically designed to hold up to 15,000 lb of force.
2—Features of slip-on stop collars include:
- Onto the end of casing, slip-on set-screw stop collar is slipped to the desired location, up to the top of the joint.
- Slip-on set-screw stop collar are then tightened around 35 ft-lbf.
- The force that slip-on set-screw stop collar can hold is up to 20,000 lb.
- These are specifically designed foe the installation of cement baskets and different designed centralizers as well as for close-tolerance liner jobs and are available in all casing sizes.
|1.Bolt||Self lock in pings , Low budget|
|2.Set Screw||Easy installation , 1/2″ set screws|
|3. Spiral Nail||Quick installation , Spiral nail design|